Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Linux GNOME exploit

From: btellier () WEBLEY COM (Brock Tellier)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:35:50 -0500

    We may be missing the point here.  This isn't necessarily a nethack
or RH 6.0 vulnerability, it is a GNOME vulnerability and nothing more.
The "redhat" and "nethack" names were purely for demonstration purposes.
If Red Hat is concerned about losing face over an vulnerability like
this, perhaps they should consult those who package Mandrake as "Red Hat
Linux 6.0 with enhancements" and ship it with /etc/redhat-release.

-Brock