Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Linux GNOME exploit

From: dufresne () WINTERNET COM (Ron DuFresne)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 02:34:37 -0500

Also, since slackware as well <slackware 4.0> documents:

- Large repository of contributed software compiled and ready to run. This
  includes GNOME 1.0

The GNOME troubles were cross posted to slackware-security () slackware com,
though, this looks to be a dead list since nothing has rooled backout of
it for two days....

Seems prudent that the information should make it to all the distributions
that incude GNOME and maintain a security list to pass such info on for
admins and end users to deal with as nessecary.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne