Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Six Step IE Remote Compromise Cache Attack

From: "Steve Hillier" <steve () mastermindtoys com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:39:53 -0500

I see this more as a method to bring attention to the fact that even
though the individual flaws seem trivial, they can be combined to
perform a malicious act.

Vendors often do not act on an individual flaw as quickly if they feel
the exploit is trivial. This however shows that the individual flaws
pose a greater risk when combined, and that a 'trivial' flaw shouldn't
be ignored simply because it seems 'harmless'.

Why have these flaws not been patched even after almost two years of
knowing that they exist?

Steve Hillier, B.Sc.
Manager of Information Services
Mastermind Educational