Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Six Step IE Remote Compromise Cache Attack

From: "Thor Larholm" <thor () pivx com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:50:52 -0800

From: white colin john [mailto:cjwhite1 () ehlnx13 ews uiuc edu]
If there's no proof-of-concept that shows current
bugs can be combined into an exploit, is there
any pressure on microsoft to patch the bugs?

There has already been several proof-of-concepts for each and every
vulnerability that was used to produce this exploit, and Microsoft are
patching those vulnerabilities. We already know and have demonstrated
that they can be abused, this exploit is just a refinement of those
POC's to ease exploitation - hence my concern.

Regards
Thor Larholm
Senior Security Researcher
PivX Solutions, LLC