Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Tool for Identifying Rogue Linksys Routers

From: "Thomas Guyot-Sionnest" <Thomas () zango com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:52:15 -0700

The right way to fix that is to implement switch-level recurity. Limit the
number of mac and IP address on each ports. No workstation should ever have
more that one MAC and IP address...

If you don't have the budget for that kind of switch, I'd first try to
identify open ports and try to recognize services on a linksys router. Nmap
and telnet will be your best friends.

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest,
Administrateur de systèmes
Tél: (514) 842-7054