Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Share Your Campus Plans to Observe National Cyber Security Awareness Month

From: Krizi Trivisani <krizi () GWU EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:34:24 -0400

October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM)…but it’s
never too soon to start planning your campus events!!! We encourage you
to consider ways that you can raise awareness among your faculty, staff,
and students and invite you to help promote NCSAM. For further
suggestions, please consult the Resource Kit for National Cyber Security
Awareness Month <http://www.educause.edu/7479>, developed by the
EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Security Task Force.

Additional resources include:
NCSAM Sample Kit <http://www.educause.edu/10607>
Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Library <http://www.educause.edu/8762>
EDUCAUSE Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Center
<http://www.educause.edu/Browse/645?PARENT_ID=639>.

Many colleges and universities are already planning events or developing
awareness resources for NCSAM that we would like to highlight as part of
higher education's ongoing efforts to increase awareness within our
community. A list of institutions that held events in 2005 is currently
available online: http://www.educause.edu/7479#campus_events. We would
like to update this list with events that will be held in October 2006.
Please share the URL or plans for your NCSAM-related initiatives with
the participants on this discussion list or send an email to
Security-Task-Force () educause edu.

Best regards,

Awareness and Training Working Group Co-Chairs
Shirley Payne (University of Virginia)
Krizi Trivisani (The George Washington University)