Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Paging - How do you receive?

From: Mike Iglesias <iglesias () UCI EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:48:20 -0700

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Megan Carney <carn0048 () umn edu> wrote:
We use pagers so we our cellphones can remain mostly personal. . .the
University no longer reimburses most people for any portion of their
cellphone bill.

We may be moving to a similar situation. Supposedly The IRS has made
cell-phones some sort of taxable benefit so cellphones which are
supplied by an employer have to be itemized if they are not strictly
controlled.

That is true, but Congress is working on changing that last I heard.

--
Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias () uci edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926