Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Change of address procedures?

From: "Witmer, Robert" <r.witmer () SNHU EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:05:18 -0500

Thanks Daniel,
I too thought about the financial service companies and their processes for change of address requests.  However, our
educational environment promotes less stringent controls and creates an opportunity for unmonitored activity as far as
the student's address is concerned.  That in itself is not a big problem (or is it?).   Coupled with a request as
suggested by Allison, and it appears to fly in the face of the Red Flags Rule.

Do others have an opinion on this?
Regards,

Bob
r.witmer () snhu edu