Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Upgrade

From: John McMillan <jmcmillan () SOUTHALABAMA EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:23:00 -0600

We have Cisco ASA and Fortinet Fortigate. The ASA is good enough for a
vanilla firewall, but the IPS module isn't that great. The IPS module is
going to be upgradeable to the sourcefire engine, so that might help. We
had high hopes for the Fortigate devices, but we've had near constant
issues with bugs and performance that keep us from using them for much.