Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: gamer clubs

From: "Parker, Ron" <Ron.Parker () BRAZOSPORT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 17:37:22 -0500

I encourage our students to do this. I wish they did more. We have a student game room and have various consoles they
can use. We've had students bring computers up here to game on. The game room is handled by our student life staff. As
you know, community and technical colleges are different animals when it comes to student engagement and their level of
participation in campus activities. Students who participate more tend to persist longer and reach their educational
goals more than those who don't. I try to encourage them to be active on campus and this is one thing that some of them
enjoy. I think of it as being like the pool tables, gym, fitness center, etc. Just another recreation resource.

--
Ron Parker, Director of Information Technology, Brazosport College