Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VPN Concentrator replacement

From: Mike Wiseman <mike.wiseman () UTORONTO CA>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 12:38:31 +0000

We are in the process of consolidating various VPN services into an
ASA/AnyConnect service (not quite what you wanted to hear I think). The
service consists of three parts:

Enterprise application access: MFA using Gemalto eToken, group-based
authorization implemented on ASA using the DAP (dynamic access policies)
feature. 1.3 K concurrent users

Dept Secure Access: same as above but departments can configure secure
access to their services and manage the authorization (new - no stats on
this yet)

General Purpose: single factor authn (plans to add a mobile MFA service), no
authorization capability, just an IP in the University's network.    100
concurrent users

Mike

Mike Wiseman

Associate Director, Information Security

Information Technology Services

University of Toronto

978-1267

Information Security Is Everyone's Responsibility. Learn more:

http://securitymatters.utoronto.ca <http://securitymatters.utoronto.ca/>

This email and any attachments contain privileged and / or confidential
information for internal University of Toronto communication only unless
otherwise indicated.