Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VPN Concentrator replacement

From: "Pardonek, Jim" <jpardonek () LUC EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 13:11:32 +0000

We’ve had GP on PA for a few years now.  We have it on a small box, mostly because we use the host checking feature and
the license has to be for the max number of VPN connections that the box is capable of.  When we switched from
PulseSecure we already had in place RSA’s MFA for authentication so we didn’t see any reason to change it at the time.
We currently have an initiative to change to Microsoft’s MFA mostly because we switched to an E5 license and MFA comes
with it.  Once that happens, we will use either the MS Authenticator App or Gemalto tokens.

Best of Luck!

Jim

James Pardonek, MS, CISSP, CEH, GSNA
Information Security Officer
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Road | Chicago, IL  60660

•: (773) 508-6086

Loyola University Chicago will never ask you for your username or password.
For the lastest information security news at Loyola, please follow us online,
Twitter: @LUCUISO