Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

are firewalls limited to only protecting ehternet connections?

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 15:00:53 -0500 (CDT)

Howdy folks,

Here's the question and concern.  High bandwidth pipes, newer ones, we're
talking HIPPI pipes.  Are there any firewall implentations that can manage
such a connection?  Or is this too BIG a pipe and perhaps too new, and so
not available in existing implementations?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
        admin & senior consultant:  darkstar.sysinfo.com
                  http://darkstar.sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!