Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Newspaper Article about Cable Modem security

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:06:17 -0500 (EST)

But your average home user does not think about security.  Should your local
ISP provide a level of security?  No (and this will be hotly debated) but
they *should* provide information on the risks and solutions.  It is
ultimately up to the consumer to take some responsibility.

Regards,
Dennis Keller
Network Security Administrator
DDSP-Z
dkeller () ddc dla mil

Unless there are people who still believe in a "one-size-fits-all" form
of security, then I don't think that anyone should debate that what is
good security for one will be disabling and hampering to another.  For
instance, I doubt that whatever FBI group prosecutes child porn would
appreciate it if they were "protected" from the sites that they need to
document.  ;-}

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-B