Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: insecurity in internet connection thro cable modems

From: rob.roberson () verizon com
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:32:00 -0500

Ravi -

I use a customized version of the TrinityOS Stronger IPTABLES script.
This, combined with smart proxying of essential services and a good
Intrusion Detection System will help to secure your environment.

The TrinityOS stronger iptables ruleset can be found at csuchico.edu:

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/ipmasq/c-html/stronger-firewall-examples.html

~Rob Roberson
Verizon Data Services

|---------+----------------------------------------->
|         |           ravi <ravivsn () roc co in>      |
|         |           Sent by:                      |
|         |           firewall-wizards-admin@honor.i|
|         |           csalabs.com                   |
|         |                                         |
|         |                                         |
|         |           02/07/2003 08:20 AM           |
|         |                                         |
|---------+----------------------------------------->

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       firewall-wizards () honor icsalabs com
             |
  |       cc:
          |
  |       Subject:  [fw-wiz] insecurity in internet connection thro cable modems

Hi All,
I am planning to have cable internet connection for my LAN. As it is
found to be less secure I want to configure a firewall at the gateway of
my  LAN. In what way,should i configure the firewall at my gateway?

can linux ipchains helps me?

Thanks in advance,
Ravi Kumar.