Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: insecurity in internet connection thro cable modems

From: "Symon Thurlow" <sthurlow () webvein com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:35:28 -0000

An easy way to do this (if you have a spare PC, anything will do) is to use ipcop (www.ipcop.org)

It is a free linux based Firewall (IPchains based) with squid, snort, 3DES VPN's and a gui interface (Web based).

If you have  a simple network configuration (internal and external) it will take you about 10 minutes from nothing to
up and running.

I have it running on a P166 with 64MB ram and a 64MB smart flash card. I only use it for VPN, but it works really well,
and is a great for ADSL/Cable, as it has lots of built in support for PCI and USB ADSL/Cable modems.

Symon