Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: insecurity in internet connection thro cable modems

From: "Noonan, Wesley" <Wesley_Noonan () bmc com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:27:51 -0600

Having used both, I strongly prefer a PIX. It is much easier to maintain a
bunch of PIXen than it is to maintain a bunch of netscreens. It's not that
the netscreens are bad, it is just that the TCO is too high to try to
maintain a "fleet" of them. In addition, I find their (netscreen) VPN
support to be... well... lacking. It is a very convoluted process, much like
the PIX was 2 years ago.

HTH

Wes Noonan, MCSE/CCNA/CCDA/NNCSS/Security+
Senior QA Rep.
BMC Software, Inc.
(713) 918-2412
wnoonan () bmc com