Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Ok, so now we have a firewall, we're safe, right?

From: Chris Blask <chris () blask org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:54:10 -0400

<Paul?  Is this going to get to the list?  -chris>

Hi denizens!

This thread has evolved some very good points and examples. It looks to me like birds could be made to come home to roost before too long...

o SOX does exist, therefore diligence and lack thereof could be argued in a legal context.

o  Expert testimony from folks like many of us should be acceptable in court.

We need an example case to establish a precedent. Anyone know of any shareholder class-action suits pending out there (or where there should be one) where "security design/implementation as part of SOX compliance" - or the lack thereof - is/could be part of demonstrating due diligence?

I'm not a litigious person by nature, but it is the engine of determining responsibility in society. A few good precendents a lawyer can understand could provide very good fulcrums for keeping vendors and operators accountable.