IDS mailing list archives

RE: Cisco CTR

From: "Alan Shimel" <alan () latis com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:25:29 -0700

Our product Border Guard release 4.2 has the same functionality built in
now, we actually block the attacks based on two criteria:

1. Is the attack aimed at an accessiable device (device at destination
IP and port open)
2. Does that device have the vulnerability that this attack exploits.

I would be interested to hear from Rob and some of the others out there
how that differs from what cisco is offerring in beta now.  I think
being proactive in blocking attacks at known vulnerable devices is
preferred.

alan

Alan Shimel
VP of Sales & Business Development
Latis Networks, Inc.

303-381-3815 Direct
303-381-3881 Fax
516-857-7409 Mobile
www.stillsecure.com
Reducing your risk has never been this easy.
. . .
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material.
Review or other use of this information by persons other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you've received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete
from any computer.