Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft prepares security assault on Linux ]

From: William Warren <hescominsoon () adelphia net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:07:44 -0500

again many folks forget that Red Hat is not Linux..only the linux kernel is linux..the rest are third party apps..so if you really want apples to apples..then take MS and their(ie is critical to the os and therefore part of the OS therefore making it native to the kernel) and the Linux kernel and check vunls..windows will be many orders of magnitude worse..apples to apples that is..:)

KF wrote:

good lord... is this a joke? They compare windows 2003 server to redhat 6.0! Thats pretty damn close to apples and oranges. How about NT4.0 to RH6.... thats a more level playing field? Even 2k3 vs. RH9 would be a bit more on point. I fail to see how you can compare software that is 5 years old to something that was just released.

"there were 17 critical vulnerabilities. For Windows Server 2003, there were four. For Red Hat Linux 6, they were five to ten times higher."

-KF

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

--
May God Bless you and everything you touch.

My "foundation" verse:
Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.