Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Bill Gates blames the victim

From: Petr Swedock <petr () blade-runner mit edu>
Date: 03 Sep 2003 08:13:37 -0400

"Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com> writes (quotes):

   ;;
   ;;    Q. "The buffer overrun flaw that made the Blaster worm
   ;;    possible was specifically targeted in your code reviews
   ;;    last year. Do you understand why the flaw that led to
   ;;    Blaster escaped your detection?"
   ;;
   ;;    A. "Understand there have actually been fixes for all of
   ;;    these things before the attack took place. The challenge
   ;;    is that we've got to get the fixes to be automatically
   ;;    applied without our customers having to make a special effort."

"Don't trust our software. But do trust our patching/update process..."

Nice.

Peace,

Petr

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.