funsec mailing list archives

Re: oracle not only offeder - researchers NOT responsible?

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:59:17 -0800

Aditya Deshmukh wrote:
Never, never post something to Bugtraq and CC an unmoderated mailing list in the same note. ;)
I was just wondering what would that cause ? I just tested it out but somehow both bugtraq and gadi rejected that test mail ! So I could not learn much ;)

There are enough subscribers to Bugtraq that there will almost always be someone subscribed who has a really misconfigured MTA. Misconfigured enough that it re-delivers to everyone in the To: or CC: lines.

In the past I had even had cases where someone must have been moving mail queues around... and I had mail reinjected into the list a couple of years later. I would be looking at a note for approval... which was generally on-topic, but i was thinking it looked vaguely familiar. ;)

                                                BB