funsec mailing list archives

lalala [was: Re: so, is I[dp]S a STUPID technology?]

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 04:55:55 +0200

I don't know who Aviram Jenik is and I don't know
about his background, so it's a bit hard to make
a proper judgment. However, let's look at who Ridgely Evers
and Richard Stiennon are. Do they really know what they
are talking about? Are they really qualified to make
a statement like that? I claim that they are not. They
are business types that deal with the security technology
at a very high level without true understand of its capabilities
and limitations. There's a good chance they don't really understand
what IDS technology is for. That's where Aviram joins these
two guys as well when he says,
'I heard Richard say on more than one occasion "IDS is dead", and almost hugged him for it.'

Aviram happens to be cool, so..

But! Hey, Dave Aitel just said "Nematodes" are cool, soo...

<snip>

Paul Schmehl said it perfectly... "*No* technology can solve *every* problem". That also applies not only to technology,
but to any kind of solution that deals with any kind of problem.

Friends quote time:
(from memory)
"Did you know Condoms are only effective 97% of the time?!"

How many kids must Joey have by now? :)

        Gadi.