funsec mailing list archives

Re: The end of Phishing in sight?

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:02:53 -0700

Dave Dittrich wrote:
So I guess that means now we'll have to carry a second key chain with a
bunch of incompatible securid-like devices, USB fobs, and "smart"
cards that are only smart enough to work with one vendor's system?
I'm guessing this is going to be a slightly painful transition...

Ah, good point. So now there will be much more opportunity for them to be stolen and not missed for a while. Plus, it will probably be harder to refute the transaction, since it was done with a much more secure authentication method. (Granted, it does make the theft less useful more of the time, since you should ideally need the name, password AND token. We'll see how that plays out.)

                                                Ryan