funsec mailing list archives

Re: UltraDNS: Internet Security Shield?

From: Paul Vixie <paul () vix com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:58:14 +0000

# Vixie and others are much more clued in regards to this than me but  it
# seems like announcing a /24 for anycast DNS without any larger  aggregate
# covering the space from at least one point would be easily  taken down...
# But I could be wrong, my work and research with BGP is  just over a year
# old -- still quite fresh. :-)

i've looked over rodney's design for this and it's as solid as what isc
does with f-root.  i think as a courtesy to rodney, the FUD here can stop?
(that is, plz give ultradns the benefit of the doubt, and only point your
finger if you see fire rather than if you think you smell smoke.)