funsec mailing list archives

Re: ? - I don't know where to send this one, so I'm sending i t here...

From: John LaCour <johnlacour () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 18:36:31 -0800

On 11/2/05, Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk> wrote:
when do we reach the point where
the set of "bad" programs is larger than the set of all good programs
ever?

Or is that point somewhere _behind_ us already?

Interesting question...
I don't think we're quite behind yet, but probably not far off.

Based on some research done while with an desktop application security
company, there's approximately 150K legitimate programs in use by
Internet users any given day.

I'm guessing there are fewer malware programs floating around at any
given moment, but it's probably not that far off.

-John