funsec mailing list archives

Huh? Microsoft pre-release release: WMF patch?

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 04:08:18 GMT

Anyone know what's up with this?

[snip]

In our effort to put this security fix on a fast track, a pre-release version of the update was briefly and
inadvertently posted on a security community site. There has been some discussion and pointers on subsequent sites to
the pre-release code.  We recommend that customers disregard the postings and continue keep up-to-date with our latest
information on the WMF issue at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/912840.mspx.

[snip]

http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2006/01/04/416847.aspx

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net