funsec mailing list archives

RE: Fun Case Modding

From: "Gary Funck" <gary () intrepid com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:31:43 -0800

Then use that fresh hot water for TEA!

Yes, but sadly, the target temp. for a CPU is 50C, and 50C != 100C.
They say the lifetime of a CPU is halved for each 10C above 50C.
Thus, if the lifetime of a CPU is 16 years at 50C, it is probably
one year at 90C (the red line for a cpu).  We won't even talk
about the motherboard and the other components suffering under
the ambient environment created by a really hot CPU.

Perhaps, we should aim a little lower: maybe a foot warmer? <g>