funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.S. Plans Massive Data Sweep

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 15:39:00 -0500

On 2/12/06, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah
<rMslade () shaw ca> wrote:
Sure.  In return, you know where the terrorists are at all times, as well as their
plans for attacking you.  What's the problem?

(Well, you set up a stupid hypothetical, you get a stupid situation.)

You know where the Commies have their nukes, and the serial numbers (and
locations, and current armed state) of the ones they sold to the terrorists.

Actually, i was trying to think of this from a practical point of
view. Something we could actually implement rather than just the
fanciful wonderings of someone who will never actually try to make the
world a better place, but who will talk about it a lot.

So for the transparency to work, all countries/groups/etc have to
convert to a transparent scheme in unison. Thats sounds do-able.

I should probably just buy the book, but this is more fun ;-)

*AND* you don't even have to think!

Seriously tho, I was trying to think of the impediments into setting
this up in a staged fashion, but I should have known that being a
canadian, you would rather raz on JP

-jp