funsec mailing list archives

Re: harvesting this list for email addresses

From: Andre Ludwig <andre.ludwig () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:31:05 -0500

Keep up the good work man with l33t moves like that soon you will be
poppin shells like a drunk VP hunting quail at dusk.

;)

Ban me if you want, ill just keep callin it how i see it...

reminds me of a good quote...

"For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of
counsellors there is safety"

Just curious on the whole war making thing, maybe you can help me
understand wtf went on between you two.

You know what, fuck all its your damn list do what ever the hell you want...

And to keep it with today's theme of regurgitating slashdot articles on list...

IT: Meng Wong's Perspectives on Antispam
Posted by samzenpus on Wednesday February 15, @08:15PM
from the no-more-online-pharmacy dept.
  netscoop writes "CircleID is running an interesting blog by Meng
Wong, best know as the lead developer of the anti-spam authentication
scheme, SPF. While touching on various recent hot issues, Meng has
this to say about phishing: 'The final solution to the phishing
problem requires that people use a whitelist-only, default-deny
paradigm for email. Many people already subscribe to default-deny for
IM and VoIP, but there is a cultural resistance to whitelist-only
email -- email is perceived as the medium of least reserve. I believe
that we must move to a default-deny model for email to solve phishing;
at the same time we must preserve the openness that made email the
killer app in the first place. The tension between these poles creates
a tremendous opportunity for innovation and social good if we get
things right, and for shattering failure if we get things wrong.'
Right or wrong, definitely worth a read."

( Read More... 4 of 6 comments it.slashdot.org )

Dre