funsec mailing list archives

clarifications on Lance James [was: harvesting this list for email addresses]

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 04:54:26 +0200

People asked me to explain a bit on why the guy was kicked from funsec, well.. here goes.

1. I ignored it when he called me names. I would have kicked him if he called other names. Kids. Sigh.

2. I ignored it when he spammed his payed services. Many of us send in relevant URL's we create.

3. I didn't ignore it when I saw he was looking to raise sh*t like he did elsewhere before now.

And indeed...

I suppose it was a good idea to kick him out. In the last few days he tried to:

1. Spoof one of our closed lists to get people to proliferate data to his new lists (which I can only wish good luck with, I love diversity - even if he harvested and forcibly added people from our lists, honestly - good luck).

2. Send me an "anonymized" hate mail with info on me no longer working for the IL Gov't - which only very few people know, not that I've been hiding it, quite the contrary (yeah, I still am there as a sort of consultant, I suppose "fired" is the wrong word to use when you still do some work some place but moved on to a new job).

3. Send conflicting "let's be friends" and "you suck" emails.. reminds me of the legal threats days.

I don't ever answer emails of people who threatened with legal action. Ever.

I don't know why I bother with such (in my opinion) unethical people who keep trying to con and threaten, but I won't have him on any of these lists.

        Gadi.

--
http://blogs.securiteam.com/

"Out of the box is where I live".
        -- Cara "Starbuck" Thrace, Battlestar Galactica.