funsec mailing list archives

Re: Things you can't take pictures of in public

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:55:41 -0500

This thread is killed..

please speak kindly of one anothers mothers and tithe regularly

that is all,

-JP

P.S. Larry sux

On 2/20/06, Larry/Spamhaus <lr () spamhaus org> wrote:
At 09:34 PM 2/20/06 -0500, Larry Seltzer wrote:
So tell me Larry - which statutes, exactly, said it was legal and not
abusive when the FBI hassled Martin Luther King Jr, and tapped his phones,
and all that other stuff they did?

So we shouldn't have an FBI? Obviously these things are balancing acts, and
we've already suggested elsewhere in this thread how outside monitoring is
possible.

You see, Larry, neither a wiretap nor a camera has any moral sense of its
own. They can't tell if they're being used for illegal purposes.

Wow, that's like really deep dude. And I guess guns don't know who they're
shooting so police shouldn't have guns. And jails can hold innocent people
so we shouldn't hold criminals in them either.

This is what your argument sounds like to me.

You may have to listen to the sounds a bit more and deeper if you wish to
get the argument being made.  Your parallels fall apart below the
surface... "deeper" one could say.  Police guns do not target, injure or
kill 99.9999999% innocent people.  Jails do not hold 99.9999999% innocent
people.  Cameras set up to surveil the public do target and hold this %.

Deep dude.

Cheers,

Larry @ Spamhaus