funsec mailing list archives

Re: When surveillance cameras lie

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:18:06 -0500

On 2/20/06, Richard M. Smith <rms () bsf-llc com> wrote:
I've never understood what the problem was with cameras in public places,

I know what the "holy grail" of counterarguments will be for me when
these types of "we want to watch you"  technologys keep popping up
(web searches, cameras, tapping your phones, etc).

I will respond with "as long as we can use them to watch public
officials, then its OK with me"

if its good for the goose, its good for the gander. I have always
wondered what Cheney looks like nekkid (a personal problem to be sure,
but still...)

-JP