funsec mailing list archives

RE: Google, Python, and the future of AJAX applications

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () bsf-llc com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:47:10 -0500

I'm not aware of any successful applications which were ever shipped using
the USCD P-code system.

Javascript matters because it is integrated into Web browsers and allows
manipulation of the contents of Web pages.  Java failed in browsers because
it lacked DOM access.

Perl, Python, PHP, and Ruby seem to serve similar niches.  Much like the
Ford Explorer, the GM Envoy, the Lexus RX330, the Toyota Highlander, etc.
serve simlar niches.

Richard