funsec mailing list archives

RE: Google, Python, and the future of AJAX applications

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:00:08 -0500

I'm not aware of any successful applications which were ever shipped using
the USCD P-code system.

I'm one of the authors of a 4GL database written in UCSD Pascal and sold
for, among other systems, the p-System. I was one of the maintainers of that
version, easily the slowest one we had, even slower I think than the ones
that ran on 8-bit processors. (This was in the early 80's.) But, unlike with
Java, we really could take the p-System binary and run it on multiple
p-System implementations and it worked perfectly.

But basically you're right, since it wasn't a commercially successful
application.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/