funsec mailing list archives

Re: another VX site?

From: "dudevanwinkle () gmail com" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 15:15:30 -0800

Drsolly wrote:

Just called my sisters wife, ...

It's not germane to this conversation, but I was not aware lesbian
marriage was possible/legal anywhere in the US...

Maybe they got married in the UK, where we now have same-sex "Civil
union", which is (loosely) called "marriage".

Ok dude, you can pick on me all you want, but dont be picking on my sister.

I was just trying to show familial ties and a closeness to the "expert"
in question, I dont think it matters if she is lesbian or not. Marriage
in my mind has nothing to do with what the state says or mythological
beings may think. I think you are just angry at the fact that she got
more tail in her 30 years than you got in your 80, and probably better
looking too ;-P but I digress.

The expert in question may have been wrong in this instance, but it
could have gone wither way. BTW, malware isnt a word, and neither is
virologist. So if I have to say viruses in order to preserve our ad-hock
language, then you my friend are a /virulogist

/Damn skippy Sol, see what happens? mess with my sister and you get
labeled a virulogist. If you had just stayed on topic, you could have
retained your old title of Codger ;-) (for those who dont know me, this
is a joke, albeit a bad one, haha, jk lol and all that jazz, after all
this is _FunSec_ not Fun(sic) ;-P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plural_of_virus
*^* <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plural_of_virus#ref_virulogy>  To make
matters worse, it has been suggested that due to the Latin form of the
word, the study of viruses should not be virology
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virology> (which would be the study of the
/vir/, "man"), but /virulogy/. This spelling is extremely uncommon but
it is used by a few universities.

She's wrong, you can have the fun of telling her. But you go right ahead
and use the word "viri", it tells everyone how 1337 you are.

My friend just told me "leet" means skilled, so I have no problem with
the (inaccurate) label of being knowledgeable or skilled. Seeing as I am
a total moron and am in no way "skilled", this can only help me in my
career.

-JP

p.s.: The whole 10th month thing was a joke. This was because "December
was the tenth month in the Roman Calendar
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar>until a monthless winter
period was divided between January and February" stepped in to hog the
glory at the expense of our digital watch makers and with an acute lack
of regard for our dilbert calendar authors. Just goes to show our
language is interpretation, not a science. Or havent you read finnegans
wake? =P