funsec mailing list archives

RE: Is The .WMF Exploit A ConsPiracy Gone Bad?

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:49:10 -0500

I listened to the podcast. Yes, Gibson is saying he's tested it and it
must be a deliberate back-door put in by someone at Microsoft.
He gives an explanation for how what he found works and I can't follow
him. Personally I think he's nucking futs.

BTW, if Gibson is right, how come Wine is vulnerable?

Come one everyone, this isn't the first completely idiotic thing Gibson has
said about Windows security.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/