funsec mailing list archives

Re: Greed, stupidity, arrogance ... and revenge ...

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:01:02 -0500

On 1/17/06, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah
<rMslade () shaw ca> wrote:

Immediate objection: don't we still need backbone links?  Not necessarily: devices
could become cheap enough to be dropped along roadways to maintain links
between population centres.  Cell phones and digital radios in cars, digital radios in
aircraft, etc, also become part of the net and strengthen the links.

What about our friends accross the oceans?

Dont get me wrong, the idea of doing away with the Bandwidth Barons
(telcos) is appealing, but who would pay to send up the satellites and
man the call centers for the IT challenged?

I still think we would need a backbone (just not bellsouth ;-)

-JP
"GGet off mmy bback"
-Mr Ed