funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] NSA Database Report Draws Focus on 'Analysis'

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:14:54 -0500

The FIRST story I ever heard about echelon was on Bell's radio show
(his name is RIGHT THERE... ugh). That story had it as a world-wide
spy network, complete with agreements with foreign countries. In
return for our spying on their citizens they would spy on us.

Now, just like the program itself, I've never seen anything saying
this is true or untrue - but most people accepted it and moved on
(unless you were prone to wearing tinfoil hats or hanging out at gun
shows after hours). So, again, what's the big deal NOW?