funsec mailing list archives

RE: Point of No Return? Microsoft Says Recovery from Mal ware Becoming Impo ssible

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:02:49 -0400

 wow, that amazes me that my patent for Widget could be found invalid because I mentioned it in public.   I had no idea
about that....
  I could certainly understand if I filed a for a patent for Widget and someone else had mentioned it in a public forum
some time in the past.  But not if I had mentioned it...

  I guess that's why I'm not a patent lawyer :-)  hehe or any other kind of lawyer ;-)

  thanks!
  Mike B

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580