funsec mailing list archives

Re: British Legislation to Compel Encryption Key Disclosure

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:10:04 -0500

On 5/18/06, David Lodge <dave () cirt net> wrote:
Erm... it's called we've have laws over privacy on data for many many
years and rights to view and dispute collected data about us.

What country doens't have laws regarding data security/privacy? While
the US' Constitutional guarantee has been eroded quite a bit, we still
have it - along with several laws governing the private sector's use
of our data, consumer information.