funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Money Power vs. The NSA ? Not So Fast...

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 22:59:21 GMT

Hi Dave,

Of course, I didn't write the article. :-)

Having said that -- I'm pretty sure that I can't get any service
from anyone other than AT&T (SBC) here in Austin -- unless I go
completely digital and go with Time-Warner Cable (another monopoly
in it's own right) -- and I'm not ready to go completely digital
on my land-line telephone yet (I personally think the technology
needs some time to mature, but that's another subject altogether).

It was, perhaps, a good illustration of how the Judge Green break-up
of Ma Bell days have somehow returned in their own weasley ways.

- ferg

-- Dave Dittrich <dittrich () u washington edu> wrote:

Fergie wrote:

For instance, Qwest only serves those in a 14-state region from
Arizona north to Wyoming and east to Minnesota. So those on the east
and west coasts cannot subscribe to the carrier even if they wanted
to.

Funny, but I passed a Qwest van on the way home and last I checked
Seattle was on (or very close to) the west coast.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net