funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Money Power vs. The NSA ? Not So Fast...

From: Dave Dittrich <dittrich () u washington edu>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 08:28:25 -0700

Don't you love it when geeks are better fact checkers than
most reporters? ;)

Gary Warner wrote:
Dave Dittrich wrote:
Fergie wrote:

For instance, Qwest only serves those in a 14-state region from
Arizona north to Wyoming and east to Minnesota. So those on the east
and west coasts cannot subscribe to the carrier even if they wanted
to.

Funny, but I passed a Qwest van on the way home and last I checked
Seattle was on (or very close to) the west coast.

Qwest (note the WEST) covers:

Arizona Colorado Idaho Iowa Minnesota
Montana Nebraska New Mexico North Dakota
Oregon South Dakota Utah *WASHINGTON*
and Wyoming.

http://www.qwestwireless.com/products/coverage/checkCoverage.jsp?accType=RES

--
Dave Dittrich                          Information Assurance Researcher,
dittrich () u washington edu              The iSchool

PGP key      http://staff.washington.edu/dittrich/pgpkey.txt
Fingerprint  FE97 0C57 0843 F3EB 49A1  0CD0 8E0C D0BE C838 CCB5