funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] We'll likely *never* get to the bottom of this...

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:28:54 -0500

On 5/24/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Well, another problem we will have is Clinton proved that lying is not
an impeachable offence, right?

Or is it lying about a BJ is not an impeachable offence?

I find it a constant source of amazement that Americans don't know that
the impeachable offence was lying under oath to Congress.

Don't lump all of us into that category... the meaning of "is" had
nothing to do with sex.

And look how well that turned out ;-)

Except that wasn't the "because".

The "because" was that the Coalition's war objective was to get the Iraqis
out of Kuwait, not to take over Iraq. If we'd gone on to invade Baghdad,
the Saudis would have been upset, and with the Saudi boot on the American
neck, that can't be allowed to happen.

Well said, except that I don't see Saudi with their boot on our necks.
We have less dependency on the middle east for oil than anyone
involved in the coalition - then and now. Now, we do have bases over
there which are pretty important to us but they're pretty important to
them as well.