funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] We'll likely *never* get to the bottom of this...

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:33:30 -0500

On 5/24/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

I find it a constant source of amazement that Americans don't know that
the impeachable offence was lying under oath to Congress.

Don't lump all of us into that category.

What do you mean "us". You already said that you don't consider yourself
to be an American citizen of the USA.

Citizenship doesn't have anything to do with no matter how bad you
want to pick a fight.

Well said, except that I don't see Saudi with their boot on our necks.

If they don't have their boots on your necks, why has Bush got his tongue
so far up their arses? Why were that planeload of Saudis evacuated when
9/11 happened? And why were the majority of the hijackers, Saudis?

We probably cater to the Saudis more because of our relationship with
you and the rest of Europe than anything. We also desperately want
some stability in the region for the sake of Israel - and Saudi Arabia
ate at that table a long time ago.

As for why the majority of the hijackers Saudi's? Ask them - bin Laden
is a Saudi too. Most of them are as pissed off at the Saudi government
as they are at us. Do you not follow these things? Its been the case
since I've been alive (or Israel has been in existence or and
certainly since we've had military bases there)!

We have less dependency on the middle east for oil than anyone
involved in the coalition

Coalition? The "coalition" is the USA and the UK, plus a couple of dozen
Belgians, Icelanders and Greeks. And the UK mostly uses oil from our North
Sea.

We get less than 10% of our oil from the Middle East.

No, you're so hooked on oil, you have gasoline at an absurdly low price,
in order to bolster demand.

An absurdly low price? What would that be exactly? Compared to who's,
yours? How much of the price you pay for gas a tax (we have that
information posted on most of our gas pumps, btw - 46 cents I believe
it is where I am). And never mind that we have oil fields that would
provide us with as much oil as we could use for the next 100 years
within our current borders. Never mind that one of the reasons our
gases prices have been high is because of Katrina hitting some of our
major refining infrastructure. Never mind that you have to import 100%
of your oil.

Call me when you get back to earth.