funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Dispute Credit Card Charges at Your Peril

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:52:42 +0100 (BST)

I don't understand what you're referring to.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22ernst+and+young%22++%22customer+data%22&btnG=Search

I was just trying to point out that it is not always the consumers
fault their data is stolen. Idiotic infosec (both policy and

Doesn't matter whose fault it is. It's the card that's blacklisted. And
you want to blacklist the card even more so, if it's being used by someone
who isn't the owner.

technology driven) practices by ChoicePoint, Ernst and Young, the
military, Equifax, and millions of other business that accept credit
card transactions leave some consumers no choice but to call up and
cancel orders or worse "freeze" their credit.

If your card's been compromised, it's hard to imagine why you wouldn't
want to change it.

I am just saying that this company collects data that may mark someone
as being a "credit risk" when all they did wrong was have their data
sold to _every_ bidder by Equifax. A couple of low-profile hacks
against the smaller companies that buy the big 3's info and voila' you
are blacklisted by credit companies all over the world.

Guess I just dont like any kind of profiling tho.. fuckin bastards
judging me, who do they think they are?  ;-)

In a credit card blacklisting scheme, it isn't the person who's marked as
a "credit risk", it's the credit card number.