funsec mailing list archives

RE: University of South Carolina e-Mail Compromises Student I Ds

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 03:10:38 GMT

Sounds all too familiar, eh?

I just hope that we're all not getting desensitized to it (I know
I get furious every time I hear this same spout).

- ferg

-- "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:

So far, the school is not aware of any misuse of the information, but
officials notified students of the lapse Monday and suggested they take
precautions against identity theft.

What precautions? Like not giving their social security numbers to entities
that irresponsibly disseminate it?

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net