funsec mailing list archives

RE: University of South Carolina e-Mail Compromises Student IDs

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:12:34 -0400

If you ask me, your SSN should not be used for any form of ID purposes....  Hmmm, funny it says that exact thing on the
SS card too,  "not to be used for identification purposes"... Yet how often it is, unless you complain....

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580
Office: (508)898-7102