funsec mailing list archives

Re: If I were King

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:07:47 -0500

On 4/21/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Actually, they didn't. It was because they were fighting each other so
much, that we were able to conquer Ireland.

You missed quite a lot. You have to start off with 1000 years ago, then
concentrate heavily on what happened 300 years ago. And that's what caused
the current mess.

Just the same - the English were not moving in for righteous purposes
- and you still haven't given it back. Nor have you really given
Scotland back. Then there are these islands just south of here you
still have. New Zealand...Australia...

As I said, we own that country right now.

You own the Green Zones. The bits in between are owned by militias,
theocracies, warlords and anarchies.

No, we own where ever we decide to go. More and more we're going with
Iraq's own forces too - which means "Iraq" is taking it back.

Like you did in Vietnam.

You keep mentioning Vietnam - why? Its not a good comparison to
ANYTHING thats going on in the world right now!

You mean like The US Virgin Islands? That won't work in a country of 26
million, surrounded by many more millions with deep interest in Iraq.

We a few more protectorates than that, resulting mostly form our war
with Spain. However, the principle is the same in regards to government
and use of natural resources, individual rights, local control and
limitations of local control, etc..