funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Think about breaking DMCA? Go Straight to jail!

From: "Andrew Blair" <Andrew.Blair () genmills com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:52:48 -0500

I wonder whether the software industry (BSA) or the entertainment
industry (RIAA/MPAA) is the bigger proponent (read: campaign
contributor) of this? Linux helps vs BSA, but if you commit the heinous
crime of fair use (or if you don't own a computer
http://tinyurl.com/kjhdd) not even Linux can save you from the RIAA.

Andy B